Video Cloud Basics: Creating a Playlist Player
In this topic you will learn how to create a Brightcove Player that supports playlists.
- Open the Players module.
- Click New Player.
- Enter a Name and Short Description.
- Click Save.
- Click on the player name to open the player properties.
- Select a Player Type of Playlist and click Save.
- Click Styling in the left navigation menu.
- Select a Playlist Type:
- Playlist (Vertical) - Playlist displays on the right side of the player.
- Playlist (Horizontal) - Playlist displays on the bottom of the player.
- Playlist (Hidden) - No playlist is displayed.
- When a Player Type of Playlist is selected, additional Playback properties can be configured. Click Playback in the left navigation menu:
- Randomize play order - Videos will be played in a random order
- Play video when selected - Clicking a thumbnail in the playlist menu will cause the video to play when loaded, even if the previous video in the player was paused
- Continuous play mode - Videos will advance automatically and repeat indefinitely
- Video Countdown - Only enabled when Continuous play mode is checked
- Up next card (auto advance) - An up next card is displayed in the player
- Up next endscreen (countdown) - An end screen countdown is displayed in the player
- Click Save to save changes.
- To publish the changes to the player, click Publish & Embed and then Publish Changes.
Page last updated on 27 Aug 2020