Depending on how you configured your Cloud Playout channel, you can add content of various kinds. VOD content and playlists can be added to any channel. In addition, you can add live events if you configured the channel to support that. The following sections provide steps for adding each kind of content.
Adding VOD content
After you create your channel, or when you go to the channel details, the screen will show the channel settings:
You can edit details, but the main next step is to add content to the channel.
Add videos (VOD) steps
- Click (If you are on the channel list page, click the channel name to open the channel settings page and then click ).
- Click the checkbox next to the videos you want to add to the channel.
- Click )
- Click .
The program list for the channel will appear:
Note that start and end times are automatically calculated from the video durations. You can drag and drop videos in the list to reorder them, and the start/end times will be automatically adjusted.
You can also import whole playlists into you channel. Note the following conditions:
- You can import both EXPLICIT (manual) and smart playlists.
- A snapshot of the playlist in its current state will be imported (meaning that future changes to the playlist will not be reflected in the channel contents).
- Only one playlist can be imported at a time.
- If the imported playlist contains a Live event, an identical new Live event with same name, description & duration will be created. This is because a Live event always shares an 1:1 relationship with the channel.
- The videos in the playlist will be added to the end of the current channel program.
- You can add VOD content as well as playlists, and duplicates are allowed.
- There is a validation check on the total asset limit (100). If the import will exceed 100 asset limit, the import will fail.
Add playlist steps
- Click .
- Click for the playlist you want to import.
- If messages appear indicating that some items in the playlist cannot be imported, click if you want to import the supported videos.
- Click .
- If the import was successful, you will see it in your program list:
Add Live events
Note: this only applies if the channel is enabled for live events.
In the Add Live Event dialog, enter the Name, Duration, and Description for the live event:
Note that the minimum duration for a live event is 5 minutes, and the duration can be incremented or decremented in 5 minute intervals only - If needed the duration can be edited in-line on the textbox to adjust the granularity of time. The duration of a live event can be modified at any time, even while it is currently playing.
- After you add live events, they will appear in the program list along with VOD items:
- You can drag live events to reorder the list just as you can videos. You can also use the button to modify the duration of a live event.
Also see Adding Bumpers to Content for adding bumpers to VOD or live event items.