Brightcove Cloud Playout is a Studio module that enables you to program a scheduled playout of items from your VOD catalogue, combined with live feeds, and stream it as a Linear Channel all with the reliability and scalability of Brightcove Live.
Cloud Playout offers a powerful, end-to-end solution for channels of scheduled programming, including:
- 24x7 Linear Channels
- Pop-Up / Virtual Channels
- Simulated Live Events
Cloud Playout helps you increase audience engagement and create new revenue opportunities through a broadcast-like, Live TV experience leveraging pre-recorded content. Use existing VOD assets to create scheduled live channels.
Features of Cloud Playout include:
- Import VOD assets from your Video Cloud Media library.
- Switch between VOD assets and scheduled live feeds.
- React in real time to last minute schedule changes in an easy, quick, and reliable manner.
- Monetize your channel content with server-side ad insertion (SSAI).
- Configure your channel to loop your program.
- Optimize playout by device.
- Drag and drop to re-order the program schedule at any moment, even in Running state.
- Push a channel to your owned and operated properties via Brightcove Live, an Amazon S3 bucket, or a 3rd party destination via RTMP output.
- API to retrieve the EPG (electronic program guide) for a channel
The following assumptions and limitations apply.
- Your videos must be ingested or re-transcoded using a Dynamic Delivery profile and must have an MP4 rendition
- The maximum input bitrate and resolution supported for Cloud Playout is 20MBPS/1080p. This applies both to VOD content and live inputs.
- Brightcove recommends using videos with at least a 2 minute duration to ensure a correct transition between videos and electronic program guide accuracy
- Captions (text tracks) added to videos currently will not display in Cloud Playout channels. Support for captions will be added in a future release.
- The minimum length for Live events is 5 minutes.
- Every Live Event in Cloud Playout shares an 1:1 relation with a Video Cloud remote asset. This remote asset cannot be re-used in other channels. If the live event is removed from the channel, the associated remote asset will be automatically deleted. When a channel is deleted, any associated remote assets will also be deleted automatically.
- Videos shared to the account from another account currently cannot be added to a Cloud Playout channel.
- When a live event is currently playing, but no active feed is available, the slate content will be played in a loop until the live feed resumes or the event ends. There will be a delay of approximately 30 seconds before the slate MP4 starts playing.
- If the Video Cloud account is configured for geo-restriction, then the channel Output Region should be created in a region compatible with the Video Cloud geo-restriction policy.
- For the best experience, Brightcove recommends using the Google Chrome browser.