Configuring Video Availability
The video availability properties can be used to control the dates and times that a video can be viewed. Geo filtering can be used to control which countries have the ability to view the video.
To view and edit the availability properties for a video, open the Media module, click the video title link and locate the Availability section.
To edit the Availability properties, click the Edit button or double-click in the section. Video availability can be configured based upon:
Configuring dates and times
A start date/time and end date/time can be set for videos. The dates/times control when a video will be available for viewing.
By default, videos are Available Immediately and have No End Date. To set start/end dates and times:
- Click the radio button next to the date/time field.
- Click in the date field and use the calendar control to select a date.
- Click the clock icon () to set a time.
- To return to the calendar control, click the calendar icon ().
- Click Save.
Configuring geo filtering
Geo filtering can be used to control which countries can, and cannot, play the video.
To set the geo filtering properties for a video:
- Select Allow viewing from the following countries or Prevent viewing from the following countries.
- Enter the appropriate country names. As you type, the country list will be filtered.
- Click Save.