Configuring Player Playback Properties
The Playback properties can be used to configure how video playback is handled in the player.
To configure the Playback properties, follow these steps:
- Click Players in the navigation header to open the Players module.
- Click the link for the player you want to configure.
- Click Playback in the left navigation menu.
The following playback properties can be configured:
Auto-Play Video on Player Load
The Auto-Play Video on Player Load setting controls whether the video will start playing when the player is loaded. This setting may function differently depending on the browser. For more detailed information, see Autoplay Considerations.
The Play Muted setting controls whether the video's audio will be muted.
Preload Video Before Playback
The Preload Video Before Playback setting controls whether the player will preload video content before the user initiates playback.
The following options are available:
- Preload Video (fastest) - Indicates that the whole video file could be downloaded, even if the user does not eventually watch the video. On the positive side, if the viewer plays the video, it can start playing immediately. On the negative side, this option will increase bandwidth consumption as the preload/load happens even if the viewer does not play the video.
- Preload Metadata - Only the video metadata is preloaded. This is the default.
- Do not preload - None of the video is preloaded
The Enable DRM setting, when checked, enables the ability for DRM-protected content to play in the player.
When a Player Type of Playlist is selected as part of the Player Information properties, some additional Playback properties will be displayed.
- Randomize play order - Videos will be played in a random order
- Play video when selected - Clicking a thumbnail in the playlist menu will cause the video to play when loaded, even if the previous video in the player was paused
- Continuous play mode - Videos will advance automatically and repeat indefinitely
- Video Countdown - Only enabled when Continuous play mode is checked
- Up next card (auto advance) - An up next card is displayed in the player
- Up next endscreen (countdown) - An end screen countdown is displayed in the player