Setting Player Information Properties
The player information properties can be used to set the player name, sizing, aspect ratio, dimensions, update mode and player version.
Many of the player properties can also be set/changed dynamically by editing the player publishing code. For more information, check these related documents depending on whether you are using the Standard (iframe) or Advanced (in-page) embed code.
To configure the Player Information properties, follow these steps:
- Click Players in the navigation header to open the Players module.
- Click the link for the player you want to configure.
- Click Player Information in the left navigation menu.
The following player information properties can be configured:
- Name and Short Description
- Player Type
- Aspect Ratio
- Player Dimensions
- Update Mode
- Player Version
After making changes, click Save and then publish the player.
The Player Type setting determines if the player will display a single video or if playlists are supported:
- Single Video - A single video is displayed
- Playlist - Player supports playlists
Selecting Playlist will enable some additional Styling and Playback properties.
Sizing can be set to Responsive or Fixed.
- Responsive - The player size will adjust automatically based upon the browser size
- Fixed - The player size is based upon the width and height parameters
The Aspect Ratio sets the aspect ratio of the player.
- 16:9 or 4:3 - Enter a player width and the height will be determined automatically
- Custom - Enter values for both the player width and height
The Player Dimensions control the width and height of the player.
Update Mode and Player Version
The Update Mode controls how player updates are handled. The Player Version is used to select a player version. The Published Player Version field will display the current player version. For more information on these settings and how they should be used, see Setting the Player Update Mode and Version.
The Localization field can be used to include the language(s) you wish to use for player localization. For more information on player localization, see Configuring Player Localization.